Call for Track Chairs
This is a call for members of the Business Analysis Community to get involved as a Track Chair at Business Analysis Summit 2020. The conference is set to take place between the 5th and 7th of October 2020 with an estimated attendance of 250-300 people. Any interest expressed will be further evaluated at the discretion of the IIBA South Africa board of directors.
The current situation relating to COVID-19 is being closely monitored. An alternative fully online conference as well as a hybrid conference will be considered when further information comes to light.
Preference will be given to Johannesburg based individuals as the conference is being hosted in Johannesburg. However, applications from outside of Johannesburg will be considered but there could be additional costs not covered by the conference. All track chair sessions will be held online for the duration of the planning effort.
If you would like to apply please click the link below and fill in the necessary details, applications will be closed on the 22nd of April 2020 with Track Chairs being announced on the 28th of April 2020. The Track Chair kick off session will be held on the 30th of April 2020.
Please refer to the below information for further details or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Deciding on the Theme for Business Analysis Summit 2020
2. Deciding the Tracks for Business Analysis Summit 2020
3. Assisting with design, proofing and feedback on the Business Analysis Summit website
4. Running the Call for Papers process
5. Investigating, selecting and inviting international speakers
6. Setting and following diversity criteria for speaker selection
7. Collecting and collaborating on the papers submitted for presentation selection
8. You could be asked to present in your track (Note, this is not mandatory, as you may be an excellent Track Chair and prefer not to present.)
9. Determining the final programme content
10. Assisting selected speakers with their submissions, receiving and vetting final presentations
11. Assisting selected speakers with administrative details
12. Assisting with International speakers’ contracts
13. Creating contingency plans for speakers dropping out
1. Representing your track at the conference and speaking about it at the opening ceremony
2. Being visible and supporting the Business Analysis Summit and IIBA-SA brands
3. Entertaining all speakers, especially the international speakers
4. Introductions of keynote speakers
5. Working with speakers to ensure they are on time on the day, that they are setup correctly, that their presentation is loaded and all sound, animation and videos work, etc.
6. Attendance at the Speakers dinner
7. Attendance at the Cocktail party
8. Attendance on all 3 days of Business Analysis Summit
This can be as onerous as 4h per week while creating the Business Analysis Summit programme, and then after the programme is released, time required reduces to about 2h per week following up with speaker arrangements and the programme publishing.
Closer to Business Analysis Summit there is planning to be done for the Track Chair activities at Business Analysis Summit, and time required probably moves back to 4h per week.
You will need Internet access and data as meetings are held via Zoom, specific email addresses are granted to Track Chairs for all communications.
1. Free attendance at Business Analysis Summit 2020
2. The opportunity to help set the direction and success of the conference
3. The opportunity to meet and get to know BAs from other cities and countries
4. Bragging rights!